Purpose of This Report
The purpose of this report is to enable you to see which industries are showing the most interest in your product(s) or solution(s). You could potentially use this information to create specialized content or further target prospects in specific industries.
Analysis > Marketing Effectiveness > Company Summary
What Data is Being Reported
The data is gathered from views of your partner syndicated content. A reverse lookup is done on the IP address of a person viewing your partner's content to determine the company associated with the person. From there, Zift uses Dunn and Bradstreet data about that company to determine the Industry, Sub-Industry, Number of Employees and Annual Revenue. Many reverse lookups result in an Internet Service Provider instead of an employing company, which is why you will likely see the most results from the Telecommunications Industry.
Note that partners can select to exclude company data from reports which would impact the data in this report. Partners can make the change in Contacts > Companies.
Initial Report View and Editing Suggestions
- The default report shows an alphabetical list of industries and the number of views and leads attributed to each industry.
- To view the list of industries sorted by the number of views or leads generated, click on the column header to sort.
- To view data on sub-industries, annual revenue, or the number of employees, you can group by one or more of those categories.
- To view changes in industry interest over time, group by a timeframe such as quarter or year. This will allow you to correlate changes in your syndicated content to industry interest.
- You also have the ability to group the data by the custom fields you have on your partners. This will allow you to see if certain partner attributes result in differences in industry interest.
- You are not able to see the level of industry response to specific pieces of syndicated content (plug-ins), only industry response across all partner syndication content.
- You can group by partner, company, or partner field to have all the data display in a specified grouping. Many users will want to group this report by the partner. This Grouping lists partners who have either embedded web plugins or uploaded web plugins to Zift-hosted microsites. This configuration shows you a measure of individual partners' effectiveness in driving prospects/contacts to embedded web plugins. You can click the ► icon to unfold a view of industries each partner is marketing to and how effective each is in driving targeted industry segments.
Moving left to right, the data in each column provides the following information:
- Industry: This column list industry categories alphabetically.
- Visits: The number of visits generated by emails, other marketing activities, web searches, and other Zift123 activity.
- Leads: Records the number of industry leads resulting from visits to website plugins or microsites and other Zift123 activity.
- Edit Report: See How to Edit ZiftMarcom Reports.
- Export: See How to Use Report Options.
- Options: See How to Export Reports.